St. John’s Episcopal Church serves as a branch of Christ's church in the town of West Point. Known for its large paper mill, West Point lies at the confluence of the Pamunkey, Mattaponi and York Rivers in Tidewater Virginia. St. John's has been a vital part of the West Point community since its founding in 1699. Historic parishioners include Carter Braxton, signer of the Declaration of Independence, and Captain Robert E. Lee Jr., son of the famous general.
Members of St. John's include young and old, black and white, cradle Episcopalians and those who come to us from other denominations, some who have worshipped here for generations and others who are relatively new to our community. We unite in corporate worship in the Anglican tradition, ongoing Christian formation, and ministry to one another and those in the broader community and the world.
We cherish our children and youth and regularly include them in worship as acolytes, readers, and alms-bearers. They are an integral part of our Christian formation and mission work.
Please browse our pages to become better acquainted with us. We invite you to join us for worship, Christian formation, and mission to the world beyond our doors.